Monday, August 18, 2008

Cap Scores

I am discontinuing "Cap Scores". I initially created this scale to be an objective measure to grade beers but in the end I am still giving my very subjective opinion therefore enough of numbers and let's just talk about beer. For any reading my older reviews here is the criteria for the cap scores.

I have arbitrarily created a scale of 0 to 10 caps. I will grade my beers in three categories, and average the three for a final score.

Type: How true it is to it's claimed type of beer.

Drinkability: this is based on how many of my friends would try to walk off with my beer after tasting it. This of course is taking into account tasters preference for the given type of beer.

and finally

Value: Is it worth the price per six pack equivelent. (Typical price for a craft brew in this area is about $8.00 a six.)


The total out for an Average "import" or "craft beer" is around a 7.00 with typical American beers coming in closer to a 5.

No comments: